YOGiiZA UNIFIED Times is a community newspaper featuring articles on conscious living, local events, Unified yogis and studios. We would like to acknowledge our individual potential to inspire change, “The Power of One”. It takes one person to have a vision and see it through and one person to influence another, multiplied by Millions. It is important to understand as a Yoga Community we are 20 Million strong and each one of us has the power to make a difference, influencing positive change.
This month we would like to recognize Marisol Tamez as one extraordinary Yogi making a difference in the lives of others. Marisol is the Executive Director of the Yoga Gangsters, a local Non-profit organization bringing the healing benefits of Yoga to underprivileged children in Miami. Marisol’s efforts are transforming the lives of children and teens that need it most. Working closely with Terri Cooper, founder of Yoga Gangsters, Marisol has been successful in securing a partnership with City Year Miami, enabling Yoga Gangsters to create after-school yoga programs in various inner city Miami-Dade schools. Marisol has also brought the gift of Yoga to drug rehab centers for teens and teen homeless centers. She is an inspiration to others and a true leader, working one day at a time to transform the world around her.
ONE thing you can do…
- Participate in the Yoga Aid South Florida Challenge on September 9th at 1111 Lincoln Road
- Donated ONE dollar to Yoga Aid, benefiting the Yoga Gangsters. Every dollar makes a difference.
- Complete ONE YOGiiZA UNIFIED application and we will donate $1 in your name to Yoga Gangsters
- Donate ONE hour of your time to host a Yoga Aid fundraising workshop at YOGiiZA
- Register for YOGiiZA’s Fall Retreat in Nicaragua (held Nov. 11-17) and we will donate $100 in your name to Yoga Gangsters (Mention CODE: YOGAAID)
- Share this message with ONE person
Donations accepted for the YOGiiZA UNIFIED Yoga Aid Team at www.yogaaid.com/dawnespositooliver